Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Here's a new book idea.....Feedback requested please!!

Alright, after struggling with a story for over 2yrs I decided to branch out and try another one of a different genre. Justifying Jeremiah (my working title) will be Christian Fiction/Romance. Someone once told me to write about what I know, what I've experienced...so here we go! Here's your teaser....

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

     It is times such as these where we find ourselves reminiscing our past and standing on our tip toes with binoculars, trying to see what's ahead. That's right; I'm talking about high school, senior year to be precise. For most, your senior year is a time to cut loose and live it up, after all, we've all been told that it's the "greatest time of our life".... One can only hope that isn't true. If so, I've been screwed by the powers that be. I look at my senior year as a time to stress and get all my ducks in a row. You would think that after eighteen years I would have some clue for my future, but as it looks right now, it's pretty darn bleak.
    
     My name is Rebecca, and I am a certified Stresser-Planner-OCD Senior in High School and I have no idea what my future holds...and it's killing me! Ever since I can remember I've always had a plan. I've always knows what I was going to do, where I was going to do it, and how I was going to make it happen. But due to recent financial struggles and reality hitting me in the face, my plan went down the tubes. Now, instead of attending one of the best writing colleges in the U.S. and becoming a New York Times Bestselling Author by the time I'm twenty, I'll be saying, "Hello community college!" And yes, before you open your mouth, I've heard all the crap that people spin about "other things in store", "its a sign", "there's a window open somewhere" or my personal favorite, "this is just a stepping stone to make you stronger". Honestly, that's all good and well, hurrah for getting stronger, but as I said, I have to know. I need to know....

No comments:

Post a Comment